IIMs have been synonymous with thought leadership and excellence in management education. The new IIMs that have come in the past 2-3 years are an exciting place to be in and despite numerous constraints are rising to the challenge. IIM Raipur in the past few years has relentlessly pursued excellence in every activity it has undertaken. The new IIMs are all about student energy and how students are shaping the institute. IIM Raipur has a vibrant student community which believes in leading by example and setting new benchmarks.
Raipur is situated in the heart of the country and is well connected from all parts of the country. One can reach the prominent cities of the country in 2-3 hours by air. It is also an industrial hub having some of the largest core industries that form the backbone of the country’s economy. Chhattisgarh is amongst the rare states that have been clocking double digit growth rate and is emerging as one of the most vibrant states of the nation. The state is poised to play a larger role in shaping the growth of the country in times to come.
Highlights of IIM Raipur:
1. Consulting work for startups and Government of Chhattisgarh publishing case studies which were shortlisted at prestigious institutions like ISB.
2. First Amongst its peer institutes to have a Business and Cultural Fest -“Equinox”. This year the bands like Indian Ocean will be part of the event and will be the largest management fest of the region.( www.iimrp-equinox.com)
3. Launched the Entrepreneurship Fest “Enspirit’12”, where over 6 CEO’s will be discussing on “Fostering Entrepreneurship beyond metros”(www.iimrp-enspirit.com). The business plan event will carry prize money of 1 Lakh and is moderated by Rashmi Bansal author of best seller “Stay Hungry Stay Foolish”.
4. Thriving club culture, where clubs hosts regular events ranging from Sport Tournaments of TT, Cricket, and Badminton to Quizzing, Debating, JAM etc.
5. Our Director Prof. B S Sahay has led two of the most prestigious institutes of the country IMT Ghaziabad and MDI Gurgaon which rose to the become the best institutes of the country in his tenure.
6. Participation in International Conferences like “International Conference on Information Systems, Technology and Management “ in Grenoble, France. http://www.icistm.org/index.htm
7. Focus on Guest Lectures for Practical Learning, so far over 10 sessions on topics from HR to Marketing to Finance have happened where VPs and CEOs of some of the best known companies have interacted with students and appreciated them for the depth of their knowledge and inquisitiveness.
8. Mixture of Candidates from All over India and not focused to a particular region. We are proud of our diversity and have students from all corners of the country.
9. Our 285 acre campus is being designed by an International Team of Architects some of whom have been students of Louis Kahn, the Architect of IIM-A. The built up area is over 1.2 million sq. feet and will be one of the largest campuses of the country.
10. Our Board of Governors consists of CEO of Pfizer India, Promoters of Jubilant Group valued at over $3 billion amongst other prominent dignitaries.
11. Release of Country’s First Tablet Friendly College Magazine “Strive” by Operations Club of IIM Raipur
12. Organized a Unique Consulting Assignment cum case study competition for government of Chhattisgarh, Food for Thought.
13. Student Clubs have launched regular Magazines, Strive by Operations Club,OPEP, and Vittashastra, by Finatix, the Finance Club.
14. Visiting Faculty members drawn from the best institutes of the country like IIM A, IIM C, IIM L, IIM K, IIFT, MDI, FMS etc. and remain focused on quality of education imparted.
15. Focus on CSR activities like partnership with NGOs like SOS Children’s Village, World Red Cross, and Rotary Club.
16. IIM Raipur is also the nodal center for SPIC MACAY in the state of Chhattisgarh.
17. Industry visits and interaction with industry leaders by partnership with bodies like CII and NEN.
18. Focus on Gender Balance in Management Programmes.
We look forward to having you on our campus and continue to evolve as the most dynamic and diverse campuses of the country.